Lee Cockerell, retired EVP of Walt Disney World, and Carol Quinn, CEO of Hire Authority, team up to discuss hiring and employee motivation.
If you want to stand out in your job and get noticed by your boss, there are 12 things you can do to set yourself apart from everyone else.
1. Do the job in front of you.
2. Be in service of the boss.
3. Remember, your boss has a job to do.
4. Think of your boss as a customer.
5. Consider if there is a difference between what your boss wants and what your boss needs.
6. Attitude stands out.
7. Raise your hand when something needs done.
8. Bring a solution not a problem.
9. Bake your bosses goals into your goals.
10. If you have something to say, say it to your boss not a co-worker.
11. Keep your boss informed.
12. Produce results.
If you want to have more impact, find someone who has had an impact and talk to them.
On this episode of the podcast, we ask Dan Ashe, Director of the US Fish and Wildlife Service how we can have an impact.
Director Ashe outlines three steps to have an impact;
1. Be engaged personally. Know your strengths and weaknesses.
2. Professional engagement. Think larger than what is around you.
3. Persistence. Pick a course and stick with it.