In this episode of the Jody Maberry Show, I share a personal story to highlight how people are worth more than your time or your money.
If you are a leader, you have to be willing to give up time and money to make people feel special. Take care of your people and they will take care of the customer.
The story you tell builds influence. Your story, the information you share about yourself, will either influence people to want to learn more or it will influence people to move on.
In this episode of the Jody Maberry Show, I share personal examples to illustrate how you can draw the right elements out of your story to intrigue other people.
Michael Hudson wants you to get your message heard.
In this episode, Michael explains how and why to get your message out to the world. He also shares why you need a talk specifically tailored towards selling you and the work you do.
Michael's website - MichaelHudson.com
Michael on Twitter - @DrMichaelHudson
Michael on Facebook - DrMichaelHudson
Here is Michael's exercise to map your significant life experiences;
This is a quick exercise where you will map the most significant experiences in your life across the timeline…events you experienced something that changed you, your perspective, and your path.
1. Take a piece of paper and lay it out landscape.
2. Draw a horizontal line across the middle of the paper.
3. Label the left side with the date of your birth and the right with the current date.
5. Draw vertical lines above the center line for the positive experiences with the height of the line indicating the significance of the event to you. Label the event at the top of the line for the event.
6. Draw vertical lines below with the relative heights indicating the significance of the event for the negative experiences in your life. Label the events at the bottom of the line for the event.
7. Review your timeline and circle the 5 most significant events (positive or negative), i.e., the ones with the longest lines.
8. Answer this question for each of these 5 events…What did I learn from the experience that reveals insight that others can use?
This will help you define your unique message as it reveals the things on your life journey that led you to discover what matters most. Your core message will emerge from these insights…because they make up your signature story. They capture the essence of what has shaped you and are the message you should share to create the most impact for those you seek to serve.
Recently, I watched the film Ice Guardians. The film is about enforcers in the National Hockey League.
At the end of the movie, when asked if he would do it over again, Kelly Chase said, "with more fire".
I couldn't stop thinking about what he said.
When I look back on my career as a Park Ranger, I would do it with a little more fire if I could do it over again. As an entrepreneur, I would do the first three years with a little more fire.
Heck, I would redo today with a little more fire if I could do it over again.
Don't fall into that trip. Don't get to a point in the future and wish you had lived today with more fire. Start the fire now.
Josh Elledge used publicity to grow savingsangel.com into a profitable business. Now, he helps entrepreneurs and businesses figure out the best public relations approach and begin to show up in the right places to become an authority.
Josh is a regular contributor on television and in newspapers.
In this episode, Josh will explain how to use what you know to become an authority through publicity.
Don't miss Josh's Twitter Publicity Master Course. Usually, it costs $100, but you can sign up for free HERE.
Josh's website - UpEndPR.com
Josh on Twitter - @joshelledge
Josh on Facebook - UpendPR