I spent the day at Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, CA. Here are the lessons I learned;
- It is better to experience with other people. I did California Adventure by myself, but just like most things in life, it is better to have other people with you.
- Look the part. At Disney Land, cast members have uniforms depending on where they work in the park. Uniforms help them look the part of the role they are playing. The way you dress and present yourself should have the same consideration.
- Be "On" when it is time to be "On". When I saw Buzz Lightyear meeting and greeting kids, he was completely Buzz Lightyear. He was "On". You need to know when it is time to act like Buzz and fully be in character.
- Do little things to delight people. At California Adventure, a cast member draws Disney Character on the pavement with water. They don't last long, but guests who see it are delighted. Do you do little things like this to delight people?
- We are just getting started. Walt Disney felt like he was just getting started. You should approach life in the same manner. What you are about to do is more important than what you have already done.
- Celebrate milestones.